Thursday, October 2, 2014

Crockpot to the Rescue!

As many of you know, September was the month of home football games for us.  We had one every Saturday during the month of September, which is a little out of the ordinary, but ended up being pretty good.  For the most part, we had great weather, and honestly, it's a pretty fun way to spend a Saturday.



The hard part is dinner on Saturday night.  Inevitably, the games wear me out and the last thing I feel like doing when I get home is coming up with something for dinner, let alone making it.  Being outside in the elements, whether it's hot or cold, sunny or cloudy, really takes it out of me and all I really want to do when I get home from the game is relax.

This year, I found the perfect solution.....the trusty crockpot.  Every Saturday before the game, I would start something in the crockpot that would be ready when we got home.  It worked out perfectly.  I would throw it together in the morning and then when the game was over, we'd be ready to eat!  Perfect!

We had Mexican chicken chilispicy sausage and potato soupchicken tortilla soup, and jambalaya.  All of the recipes are from Mix and Match Mama, who I adore.  She has the easiest, quickest recipes that I've ever found, and honestly, I haven't made a bad one yet.  All four of these were winners.  Doug really liked the chicken tortilla soup and I really enjoyed the Mexican chicken chili.  You can't go wrong with any of them really!

It's been a great tradition and one that I see myself carrying on throughout football season. It's been so nice to come home to dinner with no effort after a long game.  Have I mentioned how much I love the crockpot?! It's the perfect time of year for them and it doesn't get any easier than a good crockpot meal!  Yumm!

2 comments:

  1. I can vouch for the crockpot meal!! It was really good! And...I got to play with Drew all day and didn't have to worry about supper! YAY! I'm so glad you enjoy cooking/baking cuz I didn't set the best example! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your crock pot meals hit the spot every time! The enchilada casserole with the cornbread on top was killer too!

    ReplyDelete