Friday, October 3, 2014

High Five for Friday!

It's Friday folks!  It's been a great week and I'm looking forward to the weekend.  This will be the first weekend in four weeks that we haven't had a football game on Saturday (although there is an away game that we will be watching later on Saturday night).  We're going to have so much time we're not going to know what to do with ourselves!

We had a good week, even though it was a little rainy and cold.  We made the best of it and even managed to have so me fun.  Here's a roundup of the top five:
  1. Doug took a course on Tuesday night from five until eleven, so Tuesday was a mom and Drew day.  We ran some errands, spent some time roaming the mall, and met Doug for lunch so that Drew would get to at least see him that day.  It was the first time I'd really ever spent any time at the mall with Drew, and it turned out to be pretty dang fun.  He walked around like a big boy and held my hand the entire time.  He was so well behaved and did exactly what I asked him to.  Did I mention he held my hand the ENTIRE time?!  How fun is that?!  He rode the rides and we checked out a life size cardboard cutout of Champ (Montana State's mascot).  We didn't do any shopping, but that's not what we were there for.  It was fun and I could see myself taking him there to walk around this winter when the weather is bad and we still want to get out of the house.
  2. This week I decided to start making arm knit scarves again.  I tried out a new color blocking style and I really like it.  The scarf I made turned out perfectly and it gave me so many more ideas for more scarves to make.  It's such a fun, easy little project and I really enjoy doing it.
  3. Wednesday night, Doug took Drew to the cyclocross races, so I had the house to myself for about half an hour.  Not a lot of time, and I didn't really do much besides pick up toys and clean the kitchen, but it was nice to have a minor break and I think Doug and Drew enjoyed their "man time."





  4. Thursday night was date night and we went to Copper for dinner.  The food was delicious and we had a great time.  We even went for a short walk down Main Street after dinner and Drew held my hand the entire time.  It was a little chilly so it was a short walk, but fun nonetheless!
  5. Drew was super sweet this week and we had so much fun.  He's really starting to be a good listener and I love that he knows exactly what I'm saying all the time.  Now, we just need him to start talking back!





As many of you know, my grandpa had unexpected surgery last week.  He's doing well, but it was an intense procedure and the recover period is lengthy.  Drew and I are going back to Rapid next week to visit with him and also see the rest of my family.  We're excited to make the trip back and excited to see my grandpa and Drew's great grandpa.  As always, prayers for his speedy recovery are much appreciated!

Have a wonderful weekend! I'll be back in a couple weeks!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe he holds your hand long enough to walk around the mall! HOW CUTE!!!!!!! melts my heart! :) sounds like a pretty dang good week to me! Enjoy the weekend off from tailgating! Hopefully the weather is nice for you! Can't wait to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I MISS YOUR BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete