Friday, August 8, 2014

High Five for Friday!

It's that time again....Friday is here!  Like I mentioned yesterday, I love Fridays and today is sure to be a great one!  Let's take a look at the highlights of the week!

  1. Drew and I have had a lot of together time this week as Doug has had some things going on after work this week.  Drew's in a bit of a whining/screaming phase that isn't overly fun, but there were also times when he just melted my heart.  I guess that's how it works.  They test you to your limit and then show their sweet side so you can't help but smile and be grateful for your little angel!




  2. I've been seeing chocolate covered pretzels everywhere recently, and I decided to make some myself.  They didn't turn out as good as I was hoping, but they still taste great.  I have to perfect my strategy for next time so they all turn out perfect!
  3. Drew survived his first bee sting this week.  We were in the kitchen and he was holding a plastic container.  He began crying and I could see that his hand hurt.  I assumed he pinched it in the container and I went over to pick him up and make it better.  As I picked him up, I got stung on the foot by a bee, and I immediately knew that Drew got stung on the hand and that's why he was crying.  His hand swelled up a bit, and I was slightly worried (okay, slightly is probably an understatement. I was nervous he was going to be allergic and I would be making a trip to the ER).  But I iced it and eventually the swelling did go down.  He's so tough!  He barely even cried!
  4. Tonight is the art walk and I can't wait!
  5. It's no secret that Drew is a dancer!  The kid has moves.  Anytime we hear music anywhere, whether it's a commercial jingle or the radio or live music, he dances.  He feels it and I love it.  It cracks me up.  This week we've had two dance parties.  I put on music and he and I dance around the house.  It's fun and he loves it!  I just love my little dancing man!




Happy Friday!  Hope you all have an excellent weekend!

1 comment:

  1. It's just crazy how big he is getting!! He's officially a toddler! Love his moves though, he sure does have the beat in him!!! Have a great time at the lake this weekend, get some sun for me! I'm never going to get a tan this summer!

    ReplyDelete