Friday, August 1, 2014

High Five for Friday!

It's Friday and that makes me happy!  The summer weekends are winding down, so I'm hoping to make the most of every one.  We finally get a weekend at home, and I couldn't be happier about it.  I love to travel, but sometimes you just need some time at home!

It was a good week around here. It flew by as I spent most of it trying to get back in the swing of things after being in Nebraska last weekend.  I'm getting caught up slowly but surely, and we also managed to have some fun this week!  Here's the top 5!

  1. Tuesday night MSU held a movie night in the football stadium.  Everyone brought blankets and sat on the turf to watch Monsters University.  We didn't see much of the movie because of our wild man, but it was still a fun night and we all enjoyed spending some time in the stadium!


  2. I got Doug a Kammock for Father's Day and we finally got around to setting it up.  We have the perfect place for it on one of our patios and Doug and I spent some time relaxing in it this week.  It's pretty sweet!


  3. Drew and I went for a hike on Wednesday.  It sure was fun to get out and enjoy the day, but it was HOT!  He's a heavy little stinker too, but we made it!




  4. Last night we had date night and went out for dinner and to Music on Main.  It was a gorgeous night.  Drew loved the music and kept the other people in attendance entertained with his pretty awesome dance moves!
  5. Drew has been a bit of a challenge this week as he's been getting into EVERYTHING and sometimes it even feels as if he's doing it on purpose.  I've been trying to keep my patience with him, but it can be tough sometimes.  And then he smiles at me and I'm reminded how much I love this little boy and how much I actually like that he's curious and observant.  It makes me think he's learning like crazy and I couldn't be happier about that!



Hope you all have a great Friday and an even better weekend!  Happy August!

No comments:

Post a Comment