Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Four!

Days that is, until we leave for Hawaii!!  I’m pretty excited if you can’t tell.  I’ve been lucky enough to go a few times in my life, and it never gets old.  It really is one of my favorite places on earth!

In honor of our trip, I thought I would share some pictures from some of my other trips to Hawaii.  The last time I was there was in 2011 for my honeymoon.  It was fabulous!
 
Here is a picture of Doug and I in Lahaina.  Lahaina is a cute little town that is very close to Kaanapali beach, which is where we stayed on our honeymoon and where my family is staying on this upcoming trip as well.
 
 
One of the best things about Hawaii is the shaved ice. If you haven't had it yet, you must!  It's nothing like the shaved ice you can get here on the mainland, it's so much better.  The ice is so smooth and the flavors are so unique.  And the kicker is that they put ice cream at the bottom.  Yum!
 
 
On our honeymoon, we went to a luau, which was really fun, but unfortunately it rained almost the whole night.  They passed out ponchos, but we were soaked by the end of the night.  We still had a blast, even though we got a little wet.  That's the kind of thing that makes the best memories!
 
 
Here is Doug about to go surfing.  He loved playing in the ocean, which is also one of my favorite Hawaiian activities.  I'm definitely better at boogie boarding, but I think it is all fun!
 
 
One of the great things about the place that we are staying is that they have outdoor barbeques that all of the guests can use.  It's nice to cook dinners some nights so that we don't get sick of eating out.  The grills are right on the beach too, so you can't beat the location.  Everyone loves dinner on the beach, right?!
 

 
Here are a couple pictures of my family and me on another trip to Hawaii.  On this trip, we went to Oahu and Kauai.  Maui is my favorite of the islands (that I've been to), but you really can't go wrong with any of them!
 


 
It sure is fun to look back on pictures from our previous trips to Hawaii.  It makes me extremely excited for Friday and the week that I will get to spend with my family in paradise!!

1 comment:

  1. eeeekkkk! I get so excited just reading that post!! I love old Hawaii pics, it really is the greatest place on earth! I am mainly excited to have 9 days with my favorite people on earth! :D love you and see you in 3 days!

    ReplyDelete