Friday, November 8, 2013

High Five for Friday

It’s Friday!!!  Yay!  I’m happy it’s the weekend and happy we are that much closer to Hawaii!!  It’s one of my favorite, okay probably my favorite, place on earth and I’m so happy to be going back.  We leave two Fridays from now, and I can’t wait!  Anyway, here are a few highlights from the week:

1.    Drew started to LIKE eating his solid food!  I can’t tell you how enjoyable feeding him is now.  I’m so happy that he’s turned the corner, and that we’re able to keep trying new foods.  He's liked everything we've given him, which makes it easy.  So far, carrots seem to be his favorite, so he must be taking after his great-grandma Pat.  She loves carrots too!
 
 
2.    We went to dinner with friends on Wednesday at the Pour House for Cat Chat.  It was fun to get out of the house and meet up with some friends, and Cat Chat is always fun.  Doug and I also had a good laugh about becoming “those” parents as we forced our friends to watch videos of Drew eating rice cereal and peaches!  Oops!
 
 
3.    We had a couple of snows this week, and I’ve been loving it.  Our new house is beautiful when it snows because we are so close to the mountains.  I feel like I’m living in a little winter village and I absolutely love it!
 

4.    I’m not one to get excited about Christmas before Thanksgiving is over, but for some reason, this year it’s sneaking up on me quite early.  I think all of the commercials, Christmas music, and store aisles lined with Christmas goodies are getting me in the mood.  Plus, since we will be out of town over Thanksgiving and won’t be back until December 1st, I’m contemplating decorating our house before we leave.  I just love Christmas.  It’s my absolute favorite time of year, and I love the excited feeling I get when it’s near!  Here are some pictures from our house at Christmas last year.





 
5.     Finally, our house has been smelling great this week thanks to this lovely candle! More on that next week, so stay tuned.
 
 
There you have it, the Friday five. Hope you all have a great one!!

No comments:

Post a Comment