Friday, November 1, 2013

High Five for Friday!

Happy Friday friends!  It was another fast week around here.  I’m pretty excited for the weekend though because my sister’s going to be in town, and that’s always a fun time.

Here’s a recap of the highlights of my week:

1.    We started feeding Drew “real” food this week.  He’s not really loving it so far, and if I’m totally honest, it’s been a little frustrating for me.  I know I need to be patient and he’ll get it figured out, but it’s definitely not been second nature for him.  I’m hoping he catches on soon and starts to like eating solids, but it is fun to see him progress and move on to new things.  He’s growing up so fast, it’s crazy!  I can't believe he's already six months old.
 
 
2.    Halloween came and went…….and was lackluster.  We only had 2 trick-or-treaters, which was a little disheartening? Where were all the kids?  Other than the lame turnout of trick-or-treaters, it was a pretty fun Halloween because it was Drew’s first.  He dressed up as Frankenstein and was a pretty cute monster, if I do say so myself.  He got to visit dad at the office and see his cousins all dressed up too.
 
 



3.    Drew starts swimming lessons tomorrow, so we’ll see how that goes.  I’m excited to see how he reacts in the pool and excited to learn how to help him “swim.”  It will make me feel so much more confident when we’re around the water later this month in Hawaii.  I’m hoping that Drew loves the water, just like I did as a child!
 


 
4.    My sister is coming this weekend to watch her sister-in-law play some volleyball.  It’s always fun to have her and my brother-in-law around, so I’m sure it will be an excellent weekend with family.
 
 
5.    Drew had his six month doctor’s appointment this week.  He was in the 70th percentile for weight, 75th for height, and 97th for head circumference.  The boy’s got a big noggin’!!  He also got another round of shots, which is never fun to watch as a mom, but he did pretty good with them.  He’s such a trooper!
 
 
Well, there you have it.  Another great week in my world.  Hope you all had wonderful weeks as well, and here’s to another fun Fall weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment