Monday, June 23, 2014

Hello Again!

Wow, it seems like I haven't been here in forever!  Drew and I went back to Rapid for a visit last week, so I took the week off from blogging.  We had a great time and it sounded like we missed a good week back home since it rained the majority of the time we were away.

We've been busy since I wrote last.  Two Friday nights ago, we went to the first Bozeman Art Walk.  Boy did we have a good time!  It really is one of my very favorite summer events, and I enjoyed every minute of it.  Saturday morning, we woke up early and drove to Helena so that Doug could run in the Governor's Cup race.  After the race, we made our way to his family's cabin on the lake and spent the night there Saturday.  Unfortunately it rained all day, so we were pretty much stuck inside, but we found things to do.  Sunday was Father's Day, so we drove back to Bozeman and did a little hike Sunday afternoon.  We met some friends for dinner Sunday night at Bridger Brewing, Doug's choice of course since it was Father's Day!

Monday morning, Drew and I made the drive to Rapid and spent the week hanging out with my family.  We had lots of fun and really great weather!  On Friday, we drove back to Bozeman so we could meet some friends Saturday for an afternoon bike ride.  We did a tour of the town again, this time with our friends, and I think they had as much fun on our ride as we did!

Sunday, it rained all day again, so we got some chores done and I did some cooking.  It was a pretty lazy Sunday, but that's okay.  Sometimes you just need a day to relax and recharge!

Here are some pictures from our week!!

Ready for the art walk!

Family shot!

Drew loved these two girls.
 
He really liked dancing to their music!

He found a cute girl to dance with!



How adorable is that?!
   
Drew enjoying some water while we waited for dad at his race.

Drew getting brave enough to pet Boomer!

Grandpa and Drew!

The crazy boys went water skiing.  It was 50 degrees out!



Father's Day hike!

A bone we found on the trail.  Maybe an elk?

It was a gorgeous afternoon!
 
 
Family!

My hiking buddies!  Love them!

Walk around the hood on Father's Day evening!

Drew found an enormous Pooh at my parents house.  It was love at first sight!

Relaxing!
 
The first flower Drew ever gave me!



Practicing his skills!

Sweet sleepy guy!

Helping grandpa in the garden! Drew had a highly useful hair brush!

Before our ride on Saturday!

Sleeping in the Burley!

We had a fun week, but now we're back into our normal routine. It's going to be a great week!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a good trip to Rapid but I'm really glad you're back!! It's pretty quiet around the house with no wife and 14 month old and it rained the ENTIRE time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure loved seeing you guys last week! already miss you like crazy! I love all of the pictures and an update on what you've been up to! Drew is still the cutest little guy around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you came home for a while! I was having serious Drew withdrawal. He is so adorable and I miss him so much! Love the pics....I know how hard it is to get pics of him because he is always moving/running/pointing. Already looking forward to July 4th weekend! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete