Thursday, June 26, 2014

Music on Main!

Tonight is the first Music on Main of the season and it's featuring the local band The Clintons.  The funny thing about The Clintons is that I was a fan of theirs long before moving to Bozeman.  My best friend from high school went to college at St. Olaf in Minnesota and just happened to have a roommate that was from Bozeman.  Her roommate introduced her to The Clintons and she passed it along to me.  I really liked their music, so I had been jamming to CDs of The Clintons long before I ever moved to Montana and long before I ever thought I would see them in person!  It's a small world, I tell you!

I've seen them live a few times now, and I always have fun. I really like their music and they know how to put on a good show.  They are typically the first band to perform at Music on Main every year, and although it can be a crowded mess, it's always fun to go check it out for awhile.  Unfortunately, today we are having crummy weather and it's supposed to rain so the chances of it getting cancelled are pretty good, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see!


It's not going to be a very nice day today, and really for the next few days, but I'm ready for summer and warm temperatures to finally arrive.  In anticipation of the fact that at some point this summer, we will have some warm days, I've decided that we really need a pool around here!  I think Drew would have fun splashing around, and really, who doesn't love a kiddie pool?!  I've wanted one for myself for a LONG time, and now I finally have a child to justify it! ;)  We may just have to make a trip to Target on this rainy Thursday to see what we can find!

I hope you are having better weather than we are here.  Hopefully it clears up enough for Music on Main tonight.  Happy Thursday!


2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking Grandma needs a pool for Drew too!! He would love it I'm sure. I hope your weather cooperates for tonight. We are beautiful now but it seems like 5 o'clock rolls around and it clouds up and rains/hails/lightening. I'm waiting for the dog days of summer, that's for sure! Love you honey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope the weather turns around for you so that you can go tonight! sounds like a blast!! I definitely think Drew would love a kiddie pool, I can't wait to see pictures! If it's ever nice enough to use it!!

    ReplyDelete