Monday, September 8, 2014

Gold Rush!

It was a great weekend around here.  My parents and youngest sister and her husband came to visit us for the Bobcats home opener against Black Hills State for the annual Gold Rush game.  It was a Saturday night game, so we were able to fit in some other fun activities as well.  We had so much fun and I was really sad to see them go (as always!).

Friday evening they arrived and we went to dinner at Ale Works.  We had a great dinner, and although it ended up being over two hours long, Drew did great and we all enjoyed each other's company.

Saturday morning, we decided to do the History Rock hike up Hyalite Canyon.  It's a hike that I had never done before either, so it was new to all of us, and ended up being a pretty great hike.  It was about 6.5 miles round trip and it gave a great view of both Hyalite reservoir and Mt. Blackmore.  We had lunch at the top and then headed back down so we were able to make it to the tailgating for the football game in time.





















We made it home, got showered up, and started preparing to head to the game.  Doug and I just happened to be in charge of food for the tailgate party this weekend as well, which made things a touch more hectic, but I sure am glad we got it over with and now we won't be stressed about food for the rest of the tailgating season.

We went to the game around 4 o'clock and tailgated for the three hours before the game started.  About 6:30, my mom took Drew home since it was past his bedtime, and to be honest, I'm not sure he's going to make it to any football games this year just because he is a BUSY boy and I'm pretty sure we couldn't contain him in the stands.  Anyway, it was so nice of my mom to take him home so that the rest of us could enjoy the game.


Unfortunately, we couldn't all sit together because the seats around our normal seats are all taken.  We did get one ticket from a group behind us, so my dad, sister's husband, and Doug all sat together while Jenna and I had tickets clear across the stadium.  Luckily, a friend a little ways down had two open seats because his wife and boy were home sick, so Jenna and I did end up getting to sit a little closer to the boys.

The game was good.  The Bobcats beat the Yellow Jackets pretty handly, so that was good!  It was a fun night and I think my family enjoyed the football game.

Sunday morning, Doug ran a half marathon, so we all went to the finish line to cheer him on.  He did great and ended up getting third.

It was such a fun weekend and I'm so glad my family came to visit.  It's always nice to have them around.  Hopefully we will be seeing them all again soon!

1 comment:

  1. I just love this post! I wish we were still there - had such an awesome time!!! Love you and thanks for having us! :) miss you already!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete