Thursday, September 18, 2014

Monster Books!

For Drew's first birthday, he got a book called "Tickle Monster" from his aunt and uncle.  It's written by Josie Bissett and illustrated by Kevan J. Atteberry.  From the first time I read it, I knew it would be one of Drew's favorite books.  The rhymes are clever and the story is super cute (and believe me, I've read my fair share of not so great children's books!).  It's about a monster, the Tickle Monster, that goes around tickling anyone and everyone.  The book comes with two Tickle Monster mitts, that the reader can wear to tickle the child while telling the story.  It's probably the cutest book that I've read to Drew yet, and he loves it!



Well, after loving "Tickle Monster" so much, I was curious if Josie had written any other children's books.  I found out that she wrote another book called "Boogie Monster," that was in the same vein as "Tickle Monster," but was about a dancing monster.  I knew right away that Drew had to have it since one of his most favorite things to do is dance! How perfect!

His grandparents were kind enough to get him "Boogie Monster," which comes with Boogie Monster leggings and a CD of music to dance to.  Drew has loved it just as much as "Tickle Monster."




Both of these books are incredibly cute, well-written, and fun.  If you're in the market for a new book, I highly suggest trying them out!  I know that Drew has loved them both.

3 comments:

  1. hahahah! those pants are amazing!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo glad he liked the new book! Anything to do with dancing is right up his alley!! He's a natural!

    ReplyDelete