Friday, September 12, 2014

High Five for Friday!

Fabulous Friday....you're here again!  Oh how I love Fridays.  And today is a particularly great one because it's the Art Walk again!  We all know that I love the Art Walk, and this is the last one of the season, so I'm going to enjoy it!  There's also another football game tomorrow and I think we're planning on attempting a pretty big hike on Sunday, so it's going to be a weekend packed full of fun!  I can't wait!

We had a pretty great week around here as well, so let's get to it.  Here's a roundup of the top five!
  1. My youngest sister is pregnant and she found out on Wednesday that she's having a little baby boy!!  We couldn't be more excited for her and her husband, and I'm so looking forward to Drew having another boy cousin.  Growing up in a family of all girls, I had no idea what having a baby boy would be like, but it sure has been a blast.  I'm excited that she's going to get to share that with me.  There's just something about little boys!
  2. Thursday was date night, and boy was it a good one.  We picked up take-out curry from Sweet Chili and rented the movie Divergent (yes, I read all of the teeny-bopper books!).  After we put Drew to bed, we enjoyed our curry downstairs in the basement on our big comfy couch that doesn't get near enough use.  The food was excellent and the movie was good too.  It was the perfect date night!
  3. One of my very favorite things to do each night is to check on Drew before I go to bed.  We usually put him to bed about seven, but I always sneak back into his room before I go to bed at night to make sure he has his covers on and is doing okay.  I just love it.  He always looks so peaceful and angelic. There's just something about a sleeping baby!
  4. It's the last art walk of the season tonight, which makes me both excited and sad.  We will have made it to every art walk this summer, which is pretty darn good for us.  I think we only made it to one last year!  We're going with some friends tonight which is new for us so we will see how it goes.  Drew can sometimes make it difficult so I hope they are prepared!
  5. Drew's been extra sweet this week thanks to a new parenting strategy I'm trying.  I've decided to revert back to two naps a day.  I think Drew is like his momma and needs his sleep.  He's just much happier throughout the day when he gets two naps.  We're still just seeing how it goes, but so far, he's seemed to be a happier, less-growley kid.




Well, there you have it, the top five of the week.  It was a good one, and we're sure to have a great weekend as well.  Hope you had a wonderful week and happy weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Love the pics of Drew just hanging around!! I'm a firm believer in two naps a day so I'm glad he's been happier for you! He's such a good sleeper at night and he goes 100 mph when he's awake so he probably does need a little more sleep! Have fun at the Art Walk and good luck on the hike. I'm not too sad I'm missing it though! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful week it was!! I'm glad you had a good one over there, too! I miss you guys so much already! Have a GREAT weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete