Friday, May 9, 2014

High Five for Friday!

Happy Friday friends!  The week is finally coming to a close and it's time for the weekend!  We had a pretty uneventful week around here.  The weather was not super nice this week, which kept us cooped up a bit.  We're looking forward to better weather so we can get out and enjoy the outdoors.

Here's a roundup of the week's top five:
  1. I tried three new recipes for dinner this week, and they all turned out great!  I like trying new recipes and accumulating more dinners in my repertoire, so I'd say it was a success.  I'm all about EASY these days because I just can't make an overly involved dinner while also trying to take care of Drew.  My sister recommended that I check out Mix and Match Mama's foodie blog for some inspiration, and it worked!  She has simple, quick recipes for the mom on the go, and every one that I've tried has been a winner so far!  I definitely suggest you check it out if you need some food inspiration or are looking to expand your dinner list.
  2. Drew's been enjoying his dinners with us at the table lately, and it's been so fun.  We are transitioning him completely off of baby food, so every new meal is an adventure.  He is a hands only kinda feeder, so it can get messy!  He loves feeding himself and loves that he now gets to eat the same foods as mom and dad.  Earlier this week, Doug had to vacuum him off after a particularly crumbly feast.  He wasn't too sure of the vacuum, and about three seconds after this picture was taken, he started crying and we had to stop.  Now we just take him outside and brush him off and he seems to like that better!
  3. Drew is a walking machine.  All he wants to do every second of every day is have me hold his hand and walk in circles around the house.  I try to oblige him for awhile, but sometimes a girl's back needs a break.  I finally convinced him to sit and play for awhile.  Thank goodness!






  4. We had date night at Tarantino's last night.  The pizza was good, and we learned that it's really a great family restaurant.  They also had the tallest highchairs I've ever seen, so we were able to sit at a tall table with Drew for the first time ever.  It was pretty neat.  I'm wondering why more places that have tall tables don't get those highchairs.  It was really fun!

  5. Any day with a full cookie jar is a good day!
Well, there you have it.....the top five!  This weekend is Mother's Day and we are planning on celebrating by taking Drew to the zoo on Saturday.  The weather isn't supposed to be too nice, but we're hoping that it holds out.  Drew really loves animals (every time he sees one, stuffed or not, he just points and laughs!), so I think he's going to love the zoo.  It should be fun!  

And finally, Happy Mother's Day to my mom!  Wish I could be there to celebrate with you.  I love you so much!!

3 comments:

  1. That cookie jar won't be full for long with the way I'm plowing through them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the vacuum picture kills me! hahaha - so cute! Looks like another great week at your house! :) love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Mother's Day to you too, honey!! Now you know how great it is to be a mom! The best thing in the world! I can just hear Drew laughing at the animals now. Sounds like a great plan to go to the zoo! He will LOVE it!! Hope the weather holds for you! Enjoy the weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete