Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Loving Lately - Part Two!

Today is all about food and drink!  Let's face it, I like to eat!  And drink for that matter!  I've never been one to shy away from food.  I truly believe you only live once, so you shouldn't deprive yourself of the things that you truly love.  There's always a balance and you need to enjoy in moderation, of course, but I've never been on a diet and I don't think I probably ever will be.  You gotta enjoy life, and if that means eating pizza and drinking Mello Yello, then I'm all for it! ;)

Here are some of the foods and drinks that I've been loving lately:
  • Skinnygirl Sparklers - If you know me, you know that I love Mello Yello.  Now, I know that it's not that great for me, so I should consume it in moderation, therefore I'm always on the lookout for other tasty beverages that can fill that void for me.  I know I should drink more water, too, but to be honest, it's just so plain that I have a hard time truly drinking very much of it.  I figured that flavored water was the ticket for me, but throughout the years, I've tried to find a flavored water that I've liked and I just haven't found one.  They all have fake sugars in them that upset my stomach and I truly just can't stand any form of fake sugar, Splenda and its counterparts included.  The other day, I came across Skinnygirl Sparklers, which are flavored waters made by Bethenny Frankel and the Skinnygirl brand.  I decided to give them a shot, and I have to say I really, really like them.  They are refreshing and have great flavor, all while not upsetting my stomach with tons of fake sugar.  I have to say, it's a win in my book, and I really enjoy the Skinnygirl Sparklers!
  • Cayman Jack Margaritas - If you know me, you also know that I like a good margarita.  Margaritas are by far my favorite alcoholic beverage, and I now consider myself to be a pretty good judge of a good margarita.  Of course, I prefer the real thing, but sometimes it's just not practical, and for those situations, I've always relied on Mike's Hard margaritas in a bottle.  They are good, and I still really do like them, but I think I've found a new favorite.  The other day, the grocery store was out of Mike's margaritas, so I ended up buying a brand called Cayman Jack, which I had never heard of. I tried one later that night, and it was absolutely delicious!  Even better, it's made with all natural ingredients, all of which I could pronounce and knew what they were.  I later looked at my Mike's, and I couldn't say that of Mike's Hard margaritas.  So, if you're in the market for a refreshing, easy margarita in a bottle, check out Cayman Jack!
  • Mini Baybel Sharp Original Cheese Wheels - I love cheese!  It's probably one of my favorite foods, and I really love a good piece of cheese to snack on.  I've really been loving these Baybel cheese wheels lately.  They are delicious and just the right amount of cheese for a snack.  Yum!
  • Emerald 100 Calorie Packs of Dry Roasted Almonds - I think almonds are a great snack, and these 100 calorie packs have been a lifesaver.  They are delicious and super easy to carry around in my purse for an emergency snacking situation.  I brought them on the plane when we went to Hawaii last month, and they were a lifesaver in between meals when our flight schedules didn't allow us to have proper meal times.
  • Avocados - It's no secret that avocados are good for you, and I have been loving them lately! They're great on sandwiches, burritos, mashed up into guacamole, you name it, I like it! Yumm!
Of course, that is certainly not an extensive list of the foods and drinks I've been loving lately, but it's a great start and the ones that I've been going back to over and over recently.  If you haven't had any one of them, I suggest you try it!

Next week I'll be back with the makeup and beauty items that I've been loving lately!!

1 comment:

  1. I love these posts! I need to try the skinnygirl sparklers!!!

    ReplyDelete