Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Wednesday Wisdom - Flowers for the Soul!

With spring and summer approaching, the flowers are starting to bloom!  We have beautiful flowers growing in our backyard landscaping that I didn't even know were there since we moved into our house so late in the summer last year.  They are yellow and beautiful, and every time I look at them, I'm reminded that warm weather is on its way.

There's just something about flowers.  They can brighten any day!  Now, I haven't received a whole ton of flowers in my life, in fact I would say it's probably under 10 times, but I always appreciate them. I know that they don't last very long, and many think they are just a waste of money, but I have to say, they sure are pretty and I like having them around.

This last week, I kept seeing Safeway advertise that tulips would be on sale for Mother's Day.  I had to run into Safeway to pick up some groceries on Sunday, and I decided to buy myself my own Mother's Day flowers.  I brought them home, put them in a vase, and I've been enjoying them ever since.  They are colorful and pretty and they put me in a good mood!  Flowers are good for your soul!



Stay tuned tomorrow because I'm sharing an easy craft that makes a great gift for baby showers. I also made one for Drew for his first birthday, so it would be perfect for small children too!  It's fun and relatively simple, and you're sure to have the most unique gift at the party!

No comments:

Post a Comment