Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Heaven in a Brownie


We had some friends over for dinner on Monday night, so earlier this week, I had to make a quick trip to the grocery store.  Let me tell you, it’s beginning to look a lot like fall out there.  The aisles were lined with autumn decorations, Halloween costumes, and loads of Halloween candy for the soon to be trick-or-treaters!  While perusing the candy aisle, I came across a bag of caramels.  I suppose these are for making those delicious caramel apples this time of year, but it made me think about my favorite brownie recipe that also calls for a bag of those caramels.  I figured if the dinner we prepared for our friends wasn't so good, I could make up for it with these brownies.  So I picked up a bag (or two!) and headed home to make the world’s best brownies!
 
 
Today, I’ll share this wonderful, tasty, delicious, heavenly recipe with you!

Ingredients:

·         One German chocolate cake mix
·         3/4 c. melted margarine
·         2/3 c. evaporated milk
·         One bag caramels
·         6 oz. chocolate chips

Mix the German chocolate cake mix, margarine, and 1/3 c. evaporated milk together in a large bowl.  Spread half of the batter into a greased 9x13 cake pan.  Bake for six minutes at 350 degrees.  Do not overbake!

While the batter is baking, melt the caramels with 1/3 c. evaporated milk.  Take the pan out of the oven and sprinkle 6 oz. of chocolate chips over the baked batter.  Pour the caramels over the batter and chocolate chips. 

Spread the remaining batter on top.  It doesn’t really spread that easily, so it’s easiest to lay flattened pieces of batter on the top until the whole pan is covered.  Bake again for 18-20 minutes at 350 degrees.  Do not overbake!

Take out of the oven and let cool completely before you cut. 
 
 
There you have it, the world’s best brownie!  Yum!  I’m drooling as I write this.  In fact, I think I’ll go have one now.

No comments:

Post a Comment