Thursday, September 19, 2013

Rainy Days


It has been raining here for the last few days.  And I don’t say that lightly.  It’s been absolutely downpouring at times.  Needless to say, Drew and I have been housebound for the majority of the week.  We’re used to getting out at least once a day, usually for a walk around the neighborhood, but the torrential rain has kept us cooped up.  It’s been a little tough to not leave the house and try to come up with things to entertain a 4 ½ month old, but we’re making do.  Here’s how we’ve spent our days:

1.    Napping (Well, he’s been napping.  I’ve never been much of a napper.  When the sun is up, I’m up.  I know they always say, sleep when your baby is sleeping, but I’m not good at that.  Luckily Drew has been sleeping through the night since 8 weeks, so I haven’t had a huge need for naps.  Don’t hate me, I’m lucky, I know!).  The dreary weather has really gotten to Drew and he’s been sleeping in later and taking more naps than usual.  The extra rest usually makes for a happy baby, so I’m all for his newfound love for sleep! 
 
 
2.    Jumping.  Drew got this jumper from his grandma Brenda and he loves it.  He’s not quite big enough to be totally in control, but I watch him closely.  He’s fascinated by all of the objects on the jumper.  Especially the rolling ball.  He’s really into licking things these days, so he’s really been loving to lick the rolling ball.  I explain to him that it’s not for licking, but he doesn’t seem to care what I say!  He definitely has a mind of his own (kinda like his momma)!
 
 

3.    Reading.  Drew has received all sorts of books from friends and family, so we’ve been reading all of his books this week.  It’s funny how I like the stories just as much as he does.  Some of them even bring a tear to my eye (I’m a softy, I know!). I think it’s good for Drew to listen to the books even though he might not totally understand what's going on.  Hopefully it will help him develop a strong vocabulary.  Right now, he just loves to look at the colorful pictures.
 
 
4.    Rolling.  Drew has been a rolling machine lately.  Whenever I put him on his tummy, he immediately rolls to his back.  He’s gotten it figured out and now doesn’t waste any time getting off his stomach.  It’s pretty cute! I just hope when the time comes for him to crawl, he’ll spend enough time on his tummy to figure it out.
 
 
And that’s about it.  It’s been fun to explore our new house and find things to entertain us here, but we’re both excited for the weather to shape up and get a little nicer! We’re excited for Fall and all the new fun it will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment