Friday, September 20, 2013

High Five for Friday!

Well friends, it’s Friday again, and you know what that means…..high five for Friday!  It’s been a pretty good week around here, but I’m so excited it’s Friday.  I can’t wait to spend the weekend with my wonderful family. Here are a few highlights from the week:

1.    I made my favorite dessert earlier this week, and I’ve been enjoying a brownie a day all week long. Is that bad?
 
 
2.    Drew and I got quite a bit of mother/son bonding time at the house this week due to the crazy rain. We enjoyed our time making fun around the house.  It’s always a blast spending time with him and watching him learn and grow every day.  I know I say this a lot, but he’s the best!
 

3.    If you know me, you know that I have a little thing for nail polish. I paint my nails almost every week, usually with a different color.  This week, I picked up a new Fall color from Sally Hansen called “Gold Roses,” and I absolutely LOVE it.  Rose gold is really “in” right now, and I think the shade of this polish would look good on any skin tone.  I painted my nails last weekend, and they are still holding up pretty well.  I didn’t get my first chip until four days in, which is pretty incredible.  If you’re looking for a good, neutral Fall color (that will last!), I highly suggest this one!
 
 
4.    Wednesday night, my wonderful husband took me out for an impromptu date night to Copper Whiskey Bar & Grill.  It was delicious! Good food, good company, good conversation, there’s not much more you can ask for. 
 
5.    Last night, we went to Shroyer gym to listen to Billy Mills speak.  Billy is the 1964 Olympic 10,000 meter run gold medalist.  He is originally from Pine Ridge, a reservation in South Dakota, so I had heard about him growing up.  He’s the only American to ever win the Olympic gold in that event, which is a pretty big deal.  His talk was inspiring and it was pretty cool to see an Olympic medalist from my home state.  I think I’ll write more about his message next week, but listening to him speak was definitely a highlight of the week.
 
 
As a side note to this……for those of you that were at the blistering hot volleyball game last Friday night, you’ll get a kick out of this.  When Billy first started his talk, we couldn’t hear a thing because of the…..wait for it……air conditioner!  What?!  Where in the heck was that last Friday when we were all melting to death.  Crazy.  Finally, the MSU track coach had someone turn it off so we could hear, but how crazy is that? I sure could have used some good ol’ AC last weekend!
 
Happy Friday everybody!
 

 

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha, who knew they had air conditioning! I wonder why they run it when it's 50 and not last weekend when it was 80! Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love a new nail polish recommendation, thanks!! also, that's baffling that there is A/C?! Would have made the vball watching much more enjoyable if I hadn't had to breathe the same air for 3 hours!

    ReplyDelete