Thursday, September 26, 2013

No Snow?

Well, I’d been planning on writing about the snow on Thursday all week.  The weatherman assured me that even those of us in the valley would see a flake or two.  I’ve been so excited.  I went to bed last night feeling like a kid on Christmas, just sure I would wake up to a white winter wonderland.  But this morning came, and there was not a flake.  Surely one will come by noon.  Nope.  Still nothing.  I’m crushed.  I was eagerly awaiting the first snow of the season, and it looks like I’m still going to have to wait.  And, that means my whole post for today is ruined.  Thank you Mother Nature and Mr. Weatherman.  You’ve ruined my blogging plans. ;)

So what to talk about, what to talk about?  I guess I’ll go with a product that I’ve been loving lately.  A couple of the bloggers that I follow mentioned a shampoo and conditioner that they had tried and liked.  Conveniently, I had just run out of my normal Pantene, so I thought I’d give it a whirl.  It’s the L’Oreal EverPure collection, the volume shampoo and volume conditioner.  It’s sulfate-free, which I think just means that it doesn’t have any harsh salts that can strip away your color if you have color treated hair.  So this particular product promises to help reduce color fade and create volume.  What?  A shampoo and conditioner that does both?  That’s unheard of, right?  So, if you know me, you know that those are two things that I really need.  I have highlighted hair, so I love a product that will help reduce fading, and I have thin, fine hair that could definitely use some volume.  I gave this combo a shot figuring that if it did one of the two, that would be a win in my book. 
 
 
Let me tell you, I love it! And I think it does both.  I’ve been using it for about a month now (I started right after a fresh highlight), and I really think it has helped my color stay fresh and vibrant.  I’ve also noticed a definite increase in volume.  My hair is usually very lifeless, but this has definitely added volume and texture.  It’s been great!  The only thing I’m not crazy about is the smell. The bloggers who recommended this product to me were raving about the smell, but I don’t like it.  The shampoo is Rosemary Juniper and the conditioner is Rosemary Mint.  I have to say that I think it smells a little old lady.  I’m not crazy about it.  But I’ll deal with the less than pleasant aroma for the results it has given my hair.  If you have hair that could use some volume and some anti-fading, I would highly suggest this duo.  It’s been great and I think I’ll probably be using it for quite some time.

So there you have it.  Not as exciting as snow, I know.  And I’m still bummed about that.  But, as my husband would say, it was a good audible to a hair care product!  Ha!  I hope you enjoyed it!

2 comments:

  1. I wondered why the post was so late! :) I love snow but i'm not sure i'm quiiiiite ready for it!!! brrr!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what I was thinking Jenna! Can't quite be excited for it!

    ReplyDelete