Friday, September 27, 2013

High Five for Friday

It’s Friday again!  This week really flew by for me, and I can’t believe it’s already Friday.  But I’m not complaining.  Bring on the weekend!

1.    We signed Drew up for swimming lessons this week.  My entire family, my parents, my sisters and their husbands, and Doug, Drew and I, are going to Hawaii over Thanksgiving this year.  Doug and I thought it would be a good idea to have Drew take some swimming lessons before we go so that he’s used to the water and swimming in case we want to take him in the pool while we are there.  I have to say that I’m excited, but also a little nervous for the lessons.  I hope Drew likes it and does okay in the water.  He seems to like his baths, so I’m hoping that means he will like swimming as well.  With two collegiate swimmers as grandparents, he has to have some of that in his genes, right?  Let’s hope so.  Doug and I will do the lessons with him, so I think it will be a fun little family activity.  Plus, it will help us get in the mood for Hawaii!!

 
 
 
2.    We got Drew some ear muffs for the Bobcat games this week too.  I never really noticed how noisy the stadium was until we had Drew there.  It gets so loud, and I worry about his little ears, so I think this will help ease my worries.  Plus, he looks pretty darn cute in them!
 

3.    I had lunch with a couple of girlfriends this week.  It was fun to catch up with them and have them see Drew again.  It also reminded me about the need for good girlfriends.  One of these ladies in particular, was so great when I was pregnant with Drew.  She was the only person who was honest with me about what to expect and what would happen during pregnancy and delivery.  Her stories were a little intense, but I so appreciated her honesty.  I’m the kind of person that likes to know everything about a situation so that I can, as I call it, “mentally prepare.”  She definitely helped me mentally prepare, and I owe her big time for it.
 
 

4.    The Voice started back up again this week, and I love it.  It’s such an entertaining show. I love music and the singers are incredible.  I can’t wait to watch another season!
 

5.    Last night, like most Thursday nights in our house, was date night.  We went to Ale Works for dinner, which is one of our favorite restaurants in town.  The food was great, and if you ever find yourself there on a Thursday night, I highly recommend the Thai Coconut Curry soup.  It’s delicious!
 

After dinner, we went home to watch the Bobcat volleyball team take on Eastern Washington on the iPad.  Drew even got into the game!


And finally, Doug and I enjoyed some red wine and cherry truffles.  The truffles were delectable!  Doug made fun of me for using the word delectable last night, but I think it’s really the perfect description!


So there you have it, the five highlights of this week!  Happy Friday from my little buddy and me!

No comments:

Post a Comment