Friday, September 13, 2013

High Five for Friday


 
 
I read a few other blogs daily and a couple of them do a little something called High Five for Friday.  Basically, they recap the five highlights of their week.  I like the idea and I like celebrating that it’s Friday, because let’s face it, that means the weekend is almost here!  So here’s my very first High Five for Friday:

1.    Drew accomplished a pretty big milestone this week.  About a month ago, he began rolling from his stomach to his back.  The doctor told us at his four month checkup that it could be awhile before he rolled from his back to his stomach.   Children sleep on their backs nowadays and are used to spending time on their backs, so they don’t really feel a desire to roll over to their stomachs. 
 
 
     Well, Drew has been extremely close in the last few weeks.  He’s been rolling to his side, but that was all the further he would go.  Until Tuesday.  He rolled from his back to his stomach to his back again a few times!  It’s so fun watching him make progress.  I have a feeling he’s going to be crawling soon, and then the joke will be on me because I’ll be chasing him around 24/7!

2.    We’re getting Drew baptized on Sunday, so I decided to host a breakfast after the service at my house to celebrate.  Unfortunately, that means that I have to MAKE a breakfast.  If you know me, you know that I’m not the best cook or baker in the world.  I try hard, well that’s not totally true.  I didn’t really try hard until I was married and had to feed my husband (and he’s a pretty good cook, so he’s helped me along the way)!  Gourmet and fancy food has never really excited me, so when I was cooking for myself, the most important things were ease and speed, probably not the best qualities in a really good cook!  Even though I’m not great, the cooking gene is in my family.  My grandma Cheryle is an excellent cook/baker.  She hosts a weekly breakfast at her house for all the family that lives in town, and she has a new amazing dish every week.  Some of that has to rub off on me, right?  So on Wednesday, I decided to try two of her recipes for the breakfast.  They came out of the oven looking okay, but I guess we’ll see if they are edible on Sunday.  I’m just happy to follow in grandma’s footsteps a little and share something that she loves so dearly with her!

3.    Because Drew is getting baptized, and there’s a Cat game on Saturday, my sisters and parents are coming to visit for the weekend!  Yay!  I’m so excited to have them here.  I miss them every day, so any chance we get to be together is extra special.
 
 

4.    We recently moved into our dream home, and we got some more accomplished around the house this week.  It always feels good to make some progress and get closer to having everything in perfect order.  We’re loving the house and feel lucky every day that we get to live in our dream home! 

5.    Well, to end it all this week, as you saw in #3, there’s a Cat game this weekend.  And a Bobcat volleyball tournament where we’ll be cheering on my kind-of-sister-in-law.  Go Cats!
 
 

 Well, there you have it.  Happy Friday everybody!!

No comments:

Post a Comment