Friday, January 10, 2014

High Five for Friday!

It’s the first Friday after a full week of not having Doug around since the holidays!  It was a little weird after having so many short weeks in a row.  I’m glad it’s Friday and I’m glad the weekend is here so we can all be together again!  Here are the highlights of the week:

1.      Drew is getting his first tooth!!  We’ve been waiting for it, and expecting it since most babies his age already have teeth.  Then, on Wednesday I was playing with him when he opened his mouth and I spotted it.  I felt it, and sure enough, there’s a little tooth poking through.  It’s exciting, and a little scary because I’ve heard horror stories of children and teething.  I’m hoping he will be as awesome at getting his first tooth as he has been at everything else.  He’s such a happy guy, so I hope that carries over and he’s not in too much pain!
 
 
2.      My husband had a tough day on Monday, so I made him some chocolate chip cookies to cheer him up.  They turned out better than my usual flat cookies, so it was a success.  Plus, it’s been nice having a homemade sweet treat around the house for dessert!
 
 
3.      Last night, Doug and I (and Drew!) went out for date night.  Before we had Drew, we pretty religiously had a date night every Thursday night.  With Drew, our date nights have become more sporadic, but we still like to get them in as often as we can.  Last night, we tried out a new restaurant in town called Wasabi.  It’s a Chinese/Sushi Bar kind of restaurant, and I think it’s safe to say, it was a little more authentic than we were bargaining for.  The food was pretty good.  We had Tuna Tata for an appetizer and it was delicious.  Not to mention, great plate presentation. 
 
 
 

4.      Drew finally decided that cereal puffs weren’t all that bad this week.  In the past, every time I’ve given him a cheerio or a cereal puff, he’s gagged and sometimes even thrown up.  This week, he finally realized that he needed to keep the puff away from the back of his mouth where it would gag him, and he got it down.  He’s been eating them all week!
 
 
5.      I found a tutorial on Pinterest on how to make an infinity scarf without actually knowing how to crochet.  I’m going to give it a shot tonight.  Could be interesting.  But hey, what’s the worst that could happen, I waste a couple dollars on some yarn?!  I’ll give it a go!
 
 

Hope you all had great weeks too!  Enjoy the weekend!!
 

1 comment: