Monday, January 6, 2014

Holidays!

Did you all have a wonderful holiday season?  I sure did!  It was nice to have some time off with my husband and Drew, and great to spend so much time with our families and friends.  It always amazes me how quickly the holidays pass, and this year was no exception.  It’s hard to believe it’s come and gone for another year.  It never lasts quite long enough.

We had a fun trip home to Rapid over Christmas.  It was fun to see family and friends.  Drew has two great grandmas and a great grandpa, so it’s always fun to see him with them.  It’s pretty special that he has that many great grandparents and I love that he gets to spend time with them.

While in Rapid, we enjoyed the traditional Christmas festivities.  We also went for a winter hike that was quite fun, but very chilly. I don’t think the temperature got much above zero for the entire hike!


 
 









Overall it was a fun trip home, and I’m glad we were able to make it happen.  Doug came back to Bozeman early with my sister and her husband so I was on my own with Drew on the way back, and we had a bit of an exciting ride.  The interstate was closed about halfway to Bozeman, so we had a slight detour.  We did end up making it, and it didn’t take too much longer than normal, so that was nice.

We had a pretty uneventful New Year’s at home this year.  We decided that since Drew needed to be in bed by about 8, it would be easier for us to stay in.  It was a relaxing and enjoyable night, and we even made it until midnight!

New Year’s Day we went for a cross country ski with our new Burley.  It was a lot of fun, but unfortunately, it really warmed up and even rained a little the night before, so it was extremely icy.  We’re looking forward to trying again when the snow conditions are a little better, but it sure was fun to get out and enjoy the winter weather as a family!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
Well, I hope you all had a wonderful break and enjoyed the holidays.  Happy New Year, and here’s to a wonderful 2014!!

3 comments:

  1. Love all of the pictures, sis!! Such a happy family :) I'm glad you're back at it i've been missing the posts! Drew's snow outfit about kills me - he's adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun pictures! I'm glad you're blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love the pictures!! So good to have you guys back for Christmas! I think it is going to be a long tax season! :(

    ReplyDelete