Friday, January 24, 2014

High Five for Friday!

Friday, I’ve never been so happy to see you!  It has been one of those weeks….long and tiresome, trying at times.  Drew has started teething, and although I’m not 100% sure that’s what it is, he’s been fussy all week.  And I know most of you don’t believe me because the kid is just so darn good, but it’s true.  He’s cried more this week than I think he has the last eight months of his life.  So needless to say, I’m happy it’s Friday and happy I will have my teammate back tomorrow so we can do some double teaming!  I could use the help!

Aside from Drew needing more love and attention this week, it has been a good one.  Here’s a recap of the highlights:

1.      Drew has been having some serious bed head this week, and it is so adorable!  There’s just something about a sleepy baby with crazy hair that melts my heart.  He’s so darn cute and I absolutely love waking up to his handsome face every morning.  Especially now that it involves such awesome bed head!
 


2.      Thursday, Doug and I had date night at Johnny Carino’s (with Drew of course!).  It was a much needed night out as Drew was especially difficult Thursday.  It was kind of nice to go to Carino’s too.  We haven’t been in quite a while.  It used to be one of the closest restaurants to us at our old house so we went much more frequently.  Now it’s one of the farthest from us, so we don’t get there very often.  The food was good and it was nice to not have to worry about cooking after a stressful day.

3.      Today is my dad’s surgery, so while not a highlight of the week, it’s worth mentioning.  I’m praying for him this morning and hoping that it’s all going well.  I wish I could be there, but I think I’ll make it back sometime in the next two weeks, so that makes me feel a little better.  I love him more than anything and I’m anxiously awaiting my mom’s call that all is well and he’s in recovery.
 

4.      Monday is a dark, dark day my friends.  Just kidding!  No, but actually it kind of is.  I will be turning the big 3-0.  Wow, it doesn’t seem possible.  I still feel 22 at heart!  We are going on a weekend getaway to Chico hot springs Saturday night, and then going cross country skiing in Yellowstone on Sunday.  It’s supposed to be a beautiful weekend, and I’m sure we will have lots of fun before death day Monday arrives. ;)
 
 
5.      Drew has really started to expand his horizons when it comes to food.  This week we’ve been eating all sorts of advanced foods.  He tried some apple chunks, and at first he hated them.  His faces kill me!  Now he’s a pro at eating them, but I think they are still a little bit sour for him!
 

 
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!  I'm looking forward to our little getaway and spending some time with my guys.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like another great week at the Neil house! Your weekend sounds like even more fun, though!! Hopefully Drew isn't too grumps for you! I still die over his bead head look!! haha - Enjoy your last weekend as a 20-something year old! :) LOVE YOU sister!

    ReplyDelete