Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Today's Obsession: Nail Polish

It’s no secret that I have an unhealthy obsession with nail polish.  I have too many bottles to count, and I have a hard time leaving Target without picking up a new color.  It’s funny because as a little girl, I was very much a tomboy and never painted my nails.  Somewhere along the line in my adult years, I found a love for nail polish and this little obsession began.

So for Christmas this year, I was lucky enough to receive two new nail polish items that I’ve never tried before.  One was the CND Vinylux Fall collection, which is essentially a sample of small bottles of the CND Fall colors.  The neat thing about the CND Vinylux polishes is that they are supposedly very similar to gel polish, but they don’t require the light that a gel manicure does.  They claim to last at least seven days without chipping just like a gel manicure that you got at the salon would.  Even though I am addicted to nail polish, I’ve actually never gotten a manicure (except for my wedding), because I prefer to do my own nails.  Because of that, I have no idea if the gel polishes really last that long as I’ve never had a gel manicure, either at home or the salon.  I’ve heard good things about gel polishes though, so I’m assuming they must be good.  I’ll review the CND Vinylux polish sometime in the next couple weeks so you can see how it looks and how long it lasts.

The other new item that I got is the OPI Matte Top Coat, which essentially makes any polish that you have matte.  I wasn’t sure if I was going to be a matte kind of girl, but I tried it yesterday, and I have to say I really like it.  And the best part is, that this one top coat basically doubled my nail polish collection because now I can make any shade that I already own matte for a different effect.  I painted my nails with OPI’s Muir Muir on the Wall, and applied three coats.  After that dried, I applied the Matte Top Coat, and instantly the polish turned matte.  It was pretty cool.  Here are some pictures: 
 
 



 
If you like nail polish like I do, I have to say I would definitely recommend both products that I received this year for Christmas.  They’re something a little different than the everyday polish, and I think it’s fun to experiment with new products!!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE it!!!!!! yours turned out sooo good! I think I put the top coat on too soon! it's so cute on your nails - I'm totally loving the matte look!

    ReplyDelete