Thursday, January 16, 2014

Lifesaver

As many of you know, Drew, our beautiful baby boy, entered our lives about nine months ago.  He's perfect, and I'm so in love with him.  But as many of you also know, having a newborn (or any child at all), makes it incredibly difficult to get exercise in.  As someone who used to exercise regularly, it's been hard on me to have such a sporadic, and often nonexistent, exercise routine.  I know I've mentioned this struggle before, but it's definitely been one of the hardest adjustments for me with having Drew.  I want to get my body back, but I also want to spend time with Drew.  It takes a good chunk of time to make it to the gym and back, and I have a hard time fitting that in my new mom schedule.

The exercise struggle ended for me this Christmas when Doug's parents so generously gave us a treadmill.  It has truly been a lifesaver for me.



I've used that thing almost every day since we've had it.  It's so nice to get back to a regular workout schedule, and it's so convenient that I can do it in the comfort of my own home and I don't have to leave Drew to do it.  I can go for a quick run while he takes a nap, or more often, he keeps me company in his jumper.  He actually quite likes the exercise room because it has one wall that is entirely mirrors, and as we all know, babies love to look at themselves.  He often just sits in the jumper and laughs at himself.  It's pretty darn cute.  It's been so great to get my exercise in and not have to worry about finding a time when I could leave Drew or finding someone to watch him.  It truly has been a lifesaver, and I'm so grateful for this new exercise option.  So thanks Wayne and Jean, we love the treadmill, and I'm so happy that I can finally feel like I'm making some progress on getting my pre-baby body back!

3 comments:

  1. What a GREAT present!! I know you will use it too! You were the only one to consistently use ours too! Go Kristin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha what are you trying to say about me, mom?!?! just kidding, I quit using it after high school. I'm so happy you have such an awesome workout room at the house, Kris!! I'm glad Drew likes it too! I can just picture him giggling at himself in the mirror. What a cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, in your defense Jenna, it kind of quit working about the time you would have used it!!!!

    ReplyDelete