Friday, January 17, 2014

High Five for Friday!

It's Friday!!  Yay!  I'm so excited that it's Friday, and it's looking like we're going to have a beautiful weekend around here.  We have some fun family activities planned and I'm looking forward to getting outside since last weekend we were cooped up with the terrible wind. 

It's been a good week too, so let's recap the highlights of the week:

1.     Drew has been pretty mobile for a while now.  He's an expert roller and was getting pretty good at pulling himself around.  He'd even crawl a couple of steps, but then fall to his belly. This week, he finally did the traditional crawl that we all imagine when we think of crawling.  He crawled all the way across the room to me.  It was pretty awesome!!
 
 
2.     Doug and I finally booked a trip for after tax season.  We are going to Oahu for a week, and I couldn’t be more excited.  Tax season is always long, and by the end of the three long, cold months of not seeing Doug nearly as much as I’d like to, it will be nice to go someplace warm and spend some quality time together!  Drew helped us figure out our budget!
 

3.     For some reason, Drew has been getting up much earlier than normal this week.  I kind of hate it because I really like my sleep, but it’s also been nice to see some of the beautiful sunrises that we have right out our back door.  We sure live in a beautiful place, and these mornings that I’ve been up feeding Drew have really reminded me of that!
 

 
4.     Last night, I got together with some girlfriends for happy hour and dinner.  It was fun to get out and spend some time with the girls.  Doug was kind enough to watch Drew while I had some adult time, and he and Drew went to the MSU men’s basketball game.  I think they had fun watching some basketball, and I had fun spending some time with friends!

 
 

5.     I made a couple more scarves for my mom and sisters this week.  It’s really quite amazing how well they have turned out.  I really like the look of them and I’m proud to say that I made them!


Well folks, that’s it.  How was your week?  Hope you’re enjoying this beautiful Friday and have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. It was a fun week but I'm ready for the weekend with my beautiful wife and expert crawler baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANK you so much for the scarf! can't wait to wear it! :) i'm glad you guys had a good week - enjoy the family time this weekend!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete