Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Scarf Mania!

On Friday I mentioned in my high five for Friday that I had picked up the supplies to make an arm-knit infinity scarf.  I was looking at Pinterest the other day, and I came across a picture for arm knitting.  The infinity scarf that was shown was really cute, so I clicked on the link to check it out.  I don't know how to crochet or knit, but this post suggested that I didn't have to know and I could still arm knit an infinity scarf in 30 minutes.  Because the scarf looked so cute, and all it required was a couple bundles of yarn, I thought I'd give it a go. 

So I watched a quick YouTube video on arm knitting, and sure enough, I was able to knit an infinity scarf.  I'd say it was a pretty good success.  I made four scarves this weekend, and I really like all of them.  I would say that a scarf takes me about 45 minutes, but that could be largely due to the fact that I have really small wrists, therefore each of my knitted rows is smaller than they would be for someone with more normal sized wrists and arms!  Overall, it was a quick and easy craft that turned out pretty awesome!  I'm excited to get some wear out of all of these!



4 comments:

  1. Impressive! I especially like the Bobcat blue and gold scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is crazy!! I'd like a dark teal one to wear with my winter coat!! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to make you one, Mom! I'll look for dark teal next time I'm at the store. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OBSESSED! They are sooo cute! i'm so impressed that you can make them so fast! it's the perfect chunky style scarf I've been searching for!

    ReplyDelete