Monday, February 24, 2014

Back at It

Is it just me, or do the weekends go by way too fast?  With Doug only having one day off a weekend, it feels like we run out of time too quickly.  Now, it's Monday again, and time to get back at it.

We had a good weekend!  My mom was in town visiting for Drew's baby race on Saturday.  It was so good to see her.  Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate and she had to leave early Sunday morning to avoid the storm that we got last night and this morning.  Her trip was way too quick, but it was good to see her and fun to get to spend a little time together, even though it was short-lived.

The baby race was Saturday night, and needless to say, Drew didn't win.  In fact, he didn't even make it off the starting blocks!  He saw the mascot right away and was scared, and he never did see me on the receiving line, so we didn't have a chance.  It was fun though, even if he didn't win.  He was the winner in my heart, and definitely the cutest baby there!!






 


Other than the baby race, we ran quite a few errands this weekend, which isn't all that fun, but it was nice to get some things done that we've been meaning to for awhile.  Doug and I even got to watch a movie last night, which was kind of fun.  We haven't watched a movie in ages.  We watched the Internship, which I think is a pretty old movie, but both my sisters recommended it, and I have to say, it was good.  Funny and endearing.  My kind of movie!

Well, hope you all are gearing up for a good week.  I already can't wait for next Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. Drew is soo cute! I TOTALLY can relate to the scary mascot - he must have gotten that fear from Aunt Jenna :) hahah! but seriously. I so wish we could have been there this weekend, but mark your calendar for March 22nd!! Oh and pray for good weather that weekend, too! I'm glad you enjoyed the Internship - it was a good one!!! Sounds like it was another fun weekend for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drew gave it a great effort! I was one proud dad even though we never left the starting block! See you in a few weeks Jenna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWW. He was my winner too!!! Love him! Thank you so much for everything, I'm glad I could come cheer him on!

    ReplyDelete