Friday, February 14, 2014

High Five for Friday!

Happy Valentine’s Day!  It’s been a good week back at home.  Drew and I quickly fell back into our old routine, and we’ve had so much fun this week.  Drew becomes more and more interactive every day, and he makes me laugh all the time.  It’s crazy how fast he’s growing up, but I’m definitely loving every minute of it!

This week was a good one, but now that tax season is here in full force, we see less of Doug than we’d like, but we make do.  I just have to keep reminding myself that it will be worth it when he gets to spend two and a half days at home with us every weekend later in the year.  Anyway, here’s the top five of our week:
  1. Drew has become less and less interested in taking naps.  That, however, is not a good thing because that means that by seven at night, he’s a grump!  He’s a very curious boy and always wants to be a part of the action, so I thought I’d try having him take a nap in the living room on the couch, so that I’m still right there and he doesn’t feel like he’s missing out on anything.  It worked perfectly, and I couldn’t be happier because I was really starting to struggle getting the kid to take a nap!


  2. Drew still loves bath time, and I’m so happy for that.  Both Doug and I spent a great deal of time in the water growing up, so I think we both plan on having Drew in the water as well.  I’m thankful that he likes it and I hope he continues to love it as he gets older!
  3. Today is Valentine’s Day.  I’ve never been a huge fan of the holiday.  I think it’s nice to celebrate love, but I think we should all do that every day!  I made a few Valentine’s for our niece and nephews, and it was pretty fun.  It’s been years since I’ve made Valentine’s cards like that, and I’m excited that, as Drew gets older, I’ll be getting to do it more and more.  I also made a little Valentine’s Day blizzard, which is fun to snack on.  It’s so easy to make, and tastes delicious, so it’s the perfect Valentine’s snack!
  4. It’s been nice having the Olympics to watch at night.  During tax season, we can’t really do much after work since it’s already dark by the time Doug gets home, so we often find ourselves struggling to find something on T.V. to keep us interested until bed time.  Neither of us are big T.V. people, and we rarely agree on programming, so it’s nice to have the Olympics to watch since it’s something that we both enjoy.
  5. Last night, one of Doug's high school friends was in town coaching the UND women's basketball team as they took on the Bobcats.  We went to the game to cheer on Coach P, but we only made it until halftime.  Drew does not do to well at the basketball games because they start at his bed time, so he often gets grumpy by half.  However, next weekend, he's in the Great Baby Race at halftime of the men's game, so we thought a little practice at staying up that late might help.  It could get interesting next week during the race because he's pretty much ready to be home in bed by halftime.  Hopefully he can stick it out and win the race!
Sorry about the weird formatting of this post.  It's been a struggle this morning.  I'm not sure what was going on, but I couldn't get anything to work right.  Anyway, hope you all have a great weekend, and Happy Valentine's Day!!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine's Day to all three of you!!! Drew is so happy it makes me happy! He is going to dominate the baby crawling competition! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Valentine's Day!! How come us smooching on the kiss cam at the basketball game last night didn't make a High Five??

    ReplyDelete
  3. you guys got on the kiss cam!?!?!?! cool!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete