Monday, February 17, 2014

Weekend Love!

Well, it was Valentine's Day weekend, and I can safely say I had one of the best Valentine's ever.  Friday night, Doug got home from work and had a surprise for me.  He had prepared a scavenger hunt around our house for me to find my Valentine's present.  Every clue led to another clue in a hunt for my gift, but each clue had very sweet, kind messages on it for me.  It was one of the most thoughtful presents I've ever received.  I've never been one for big gestures, it's much more about the small things and the thought that counts with me.  Doug put a lot of thought and time into the scavenger hunt (when he doesn't have much spare time this time of year), and it meant the world to me.  It was beyond sweet!

After the scavenger hunt, we went to Longhorn Cider, which is a new hard cider place in town.  We both got the sample platter, with four different kinds of cider.  They had traditional, currant, ginger, and hops.  They were all pretty good, but my favorite was traditional.  Doug liked the hops one, I think because it tasted the closest to beer!  It was definitely a different taste, and their cider is not super sweet, but I liked it.  The building was really cool too, and the atmosphere was right up our alley.  It was a fun place to go.

After cider, Doug was going to cook for me, but we both agreed that that sounded like more work than we were up for, so we stopped at Frank's for dinner.  Frank's was closed but they had 3rd Floor Pizza available, so we got a pizza to go.  We ended the night enjoying pizza, a red velvet cupcake, and the Olympics on the couch.  It was a pretty great Valentine's Day!!




Saturday Doug had to work, so Drew and I spent the day cleaning and running errands.  Not much fun, but it has to get done.  Saturday night, Doug and I were lucky enough to have a date night.  Doug's parents watched Drew so we could have a romantic dinner together!

We went to Open Range, which is a new-ish restaurant in town.  It was fantastic!  We both got the Beef Tenderloin, and it's safe to say it was one of the best steaks I've had in awhile.  It was served with broccoli and smoked mashed potatoes that were absolutely phenomenal, probably the best mashed potatoes I've ever eaten.  They also had really, really good drinks.  The overall experience was great, and I would highly recommend Open Range!  We finished dinner before seven, so we figured we should at least go for an after dinner drink so we weren't home from our date so early!  We walked around a bit downtown and then went to Copper for a drink.  I had to have some pretzel bites for dessert as well!  I think Doug thought I was crazy and wondered what kind of girl would rather have pretzel bites than something sweet for dessert, but what can I say, I just love those darn pretzel bites!  It was another really great night, and we both had fun spending time with each other on a "date."  It's been awhile.







Overall, it was the perfect Valentine's Day weekend.  Doug made it super special, and really made me feel loved and appreciated!  I'm one lucky girl!

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, you did get lucky finding Doug! Not only do you have a great husband, you have a beautiful child! How lucky can you get! Glad you had a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a fun weekend!! I had a great Valentine's Day too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness that is soooooo awesome! Go Doug!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like a perfect weekend :)

    ReplyDelete