Friday, March 7, 2014

High Five for Friday!

Happy Friday, friends!  It's the weekend once again, which always makes my day a little better.  My brother-in-law is coming to stay with us this weekend so he can do some skiing, which will be fun.  He and Doug get along so well, and I feel pretty lucky that they have such a great relationship.  Truth be told, I kinda like him too! ;)

It was a good week.  Very busy, but that's always nice because it makes the days go fast.  Here's a list of the top five:

1.     I went to the play, West Side Story, with Doug's mom on Tuesday night.  It was one of those traveling Broadway productions and was really quite good.  I was impressed with the talent.  I've always heard a lot about West Side Story, but I'd never seen it, so it was fun to finally see what everyone was always talking about.


2.     Last night, we had date night at The Garage.  It was good and Drew was really well behaved for that time of night, so we were lucky.  It's always nice to have a night out to relax and recharge, and do something a little different than the nights before.  I even had a sip of beer to impress Doug (don't worry, I'm not a beer drinker still, it's his!).


3.     Tonight, I'm going out for a girls night.  I feel like I've been partying all week with the play, date night, and now a girls night!  It should be fun and I'm looking forward to it.

4.     Drew has been super cute this week. It's crazy how fast he progresses and how fast he seems to pick things up.  At this rate, he's going to be a teenager in no time!  Yesterday I was feeling nostalgic, so I watched some videos of him as a tiny baby.  It's crazy how I can see many of the same mannerisms then as I do now.  He's just much smaller and less able to convey his feelings, but I definitely still see my Drew.  Boy do I love him!


5.  It's been a super productive week for me.  I've been working on some projects, and I got so much accomplished around the house as well.  It always feels good to get stuff done.  Yesterday we had some minor flooding at the house, which was a little scary at first, but we got it figured out and it turned out to not be nearly as bad as we originally thought, so that was good too!  We continue to be impressed with the quality and workmanship of our new house.  We couldn't be happier with it!

There you have it.  A fun and productive week at the Neil household.  Hope you all have a great weekend!


3 comments:

  1. I'm glad the water was "fixable" and all is well! Have fun tonight with the girls and a good weekend! Love you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such an eventful week!! Have a great time out tonight! Love the old video of Drew - it's hard to remember him so tiny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That video of Drew is crazy to watch! I feel like he'll be graduating high school soon at this rate!

    ReplyDelete