Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Winter Skin

It's no secret that my skin can get dry and dull looking in the winter.  Not to mention, it takes on a pasty white hue, that is not so flattering!  I try to use lotion to stay moisturized during the harsh winter months, but I've never been that good at using it regularly.

I recently saw a new product by Jergens advertised, and it caught my eye.  It's the Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream.  Now, I have to say I was skeptical at first.  I mean, this whole BB, CC, DD cream thing is getting out of control.  And now it's not only for our faces, but you can get BB cream for your body?!  Crazy talk!  Well, I have to say I was curious.  I do really like the BB cream that I use for my face, and I do happen to think it really does work.  So I thought I might give it a try.


I checked it out at my local Target, and it was EXPENSIVE.  Like $11 for a bottle of lotion.  You've got to be kidding me.  I'm more of a $3 kind of girl!  Not to mention, the hype was so high that it was sold out at most stores.  So I decided to skip the BB body cream and go for something a little more reasonably priced (I do realize that $11 may not seem expensive to a lot of you, but it gave me sticker shock!).

Well, the last time I was at Target, the Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream was on sale.  I decided that if I really wanted to give it a try, now would be as good a time as any, so I took a bottle home with me.

I've used Jergens lotions in the past, and I can't say that I've ever been overly impressed with them.  They've always been just fine.  I have tried the skin darkening one, and I really didn't like it.  It stained my clothes and sheets, smelled horrible, and gave me an orange tint.  Not awesome.  So I definitely wasn't expecting anything too great from this new product either.

The BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream comes in two shades, light and medium, and it promises five beautifying benefits in one moisturizer for a flawless appearance.  It claims to have five visible benefits in five days, which include: hydrates and smooths, brightens and illuminates, evens skin tone, visibly firms skin, and minimizes the appearance of imperfections.  Quite the claims for a lotion!

I've been using it daily for about a week, and I have to say I really, really like it.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that it has a very nice scent.  It's sort of fruity and summery, and when I put it on, I feel like I'm sitting on the beach drinking a pina colada.  Aside from the smell, it also adds a nice glow to my skin and it helps liven up my wintery, lifeless skin.  Since I've only been using it for about a week, I can't speak to the lasting benefits of this lotion, but so far I really like it.  I think it does make my skin look more bright and healthy and I really like the smell.  Is it worth $11, I'm still not sure, but if it's on sale again, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment