Friday, March 28, 2014

High Five for Friday

I can't believe it's already Friday.  This week has flown by!  It was an exciting week around here as Drew took his first unassisted steps!  He's getting more and more brave every day and I have a feeling he will be walking in a few weeks!  It's so hard to believe that my baby is almost walking!

We had lots of fun this week and kept really busy.  Here's a recap of the highlights!


  1. Obviously, Drew taking his first few steps was the highlight of the week.  He's getting so big.  It's hard to believe that just 11 months ago he was a newborn.  He has progressed quickly and I think Doug and I are in for a wild ride with him!
  2. We had date night last night at Seven Sushi.  I was a little hesitant because, although I do like sushi, I have a hard time believing that it is a meal.  I never seem to get very full after eating sushi.  I have to admit though, it was excellent!  The sushi was the best I've ever had!  I was really impressed and I'm already looking forward to our next visit.  It is funny because the first time I ever ate sushi, I thought it was literally the WORST thing I had ever put in my mouth.  I hated it!  After moving to Bozeman, it became a regular part of my dining experiences because the people that I worked with and spent time with were all sushi fanatics, so I had it more often than I would have liked.  But I have to say, it has grown on me, and now I actually really like it.  I even get cravings for it sometimes.  Weird, I know.  I never thought after that first bite I took that I would ever willingly choose to eat sushi!



  3. We've been letting Drew do more self-feeding and he had quite the episode with an avocado earlier this week.  It was fun to watch him do it, but boy was it messy!  I can see I'm going to have to get better at letting the mess happen because there's nothing clean about Drew feeding himself!  For a clean freak, that might be challenging!


  4. It's still winter out there, but Drew and I were able to go on a walk earlier this week.  Doug went for a run after work, so it was just Drew and me until bedtime, so we decided to go for a short walk.  It was fun to get outside and it helped calm Drew down before we began the bedtime routine.




  5. I started working on Drew's first birthday present this week.  I'm pretty excited about it.  I haven't made too much progress because I've changed my mind about some things and other things are taking much longer than expected.  I better get moving though since his birthday will be here before we know it!
Happy Friday folks!  Hope you enjoy the day and have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. you look gorgeous in that top pic with Drew! love love love it! It's crazy it has been a week already since we were there - I guess it did go fast! You guys had a big week and i'm so excited for Drew taking steps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GREAT week!! Go Drew Go!! And....I second Jenna, you look beautiful in that pic!

    ReplyDelete