Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Steps!!!!

Drew has been motoring around the living room for quite some time.  He moves from furniture piece to furniture piece without much trouble.  Up until yesterday though, if two pieces of furniture were more than an arm's length apart, he would get down and crawl from one to the other and pull himself back up again.  I'm not sure what happened yesterday, but the daredevil must have gotten into him and he started taking the step between the two pieces of furniture rather than crawling.  It was like he decided that he wasn't going to settle for the crawl and wanted to stay on his feet the whole time.  Don't get me wrong, it wasn't pretty, and often looked like it would result in a faceplant, but it was pretty exciting to watch him gain the confidence to try.

Anyway, since Drew was so brave all day long, I thought that we should try having him walk between Doug and I when Doug got home last night.  We've tried in the past, but Drew hasn't really been too interested in taking steps.  He would go from one of us to the other as long as we were holding on to him the entire time.  Well, last night he actually took some steps without anyone holding on!!!!  It was pretty dang exciting.  It's funny how his little accomplishments effect me so much.  I get so excited for him and my heart actually starts to beat fast.  It was pretty incredible.  I can't imagine how I'm going to feel when he actually starts walking.  Here's a video of Drew's first steps!


We're pretty proud of him and I get the feeling that we are not far from him being able to walk all by himself.  It's pretty exciting!!

Aside from working on walking, I got a few good pictures of Drew yesterday.  He took a nap and had some serious bed head going on.  His hair is getting so long, so he can really work up some good bed head!  We also went for a walk and his hat did a number on his hair too.  Good thing he's so darn cute!









3 comments:

  1. Go Drew!!!! That is sooo exciting!! He is gonna be cruising around by his big 1st birthday!! I love all of the pictures, too! Glad you were able to get out for a walk - his hat head and bed head is my favorite! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a feeling he's going to be running laps around us in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo excited for him!! (and you!) He's going to be going all over the place soon. I love the pictures this week. He is looking so grown up! I can't wait for my turn to spoil him for a while!! Love you all.

    ReplyDelete