Friday, March 14, 2014

High Five for Friday!

What a great week it’s been!  The last half of this week brought absolutely beautiful weather, and the sunshine seemed to put me in a good mood.  I think this weekend is supposed to be nice as well, maybe even close to 60 on Sunday.  Wow!  We are going to Chico Hot Springs on Sunday afternoon to celebrate Doug’s mom’s birthday (It's her birthday today, Happy Birthday Jean!).  It should be a good time, and I’m excited to get Drew back in the water.  He loves it, and I love watching him “swim.”

Here’s a recap of the top five of the week:
  1. Like I said, the weather has really been beautiful the last couple days.  Drew and I were able to get out and enjoy it, so that was really fun.  He loves being outside, just like his mom and dad, so it put him in a good mood to go for a couple walks and get some fresh air and sun.  I hope the weather keeps cooperating so that we can continue to enjoy some afternoon walks!


  2. We had date night last night, and it was so much fun.  We went to Ale Works for dinner, which is easily one of my favorite restaurants in town.  We sat in the railcar section that has been redone in a booth right by the window.  It was a pretty neat spot.  The food was great and the company was even better!



  3. My sister-in-law is having a baby at the end of May and I finally finished her gift this week.  It turned out pretty good and I’m excited to share it with you all.  I’m going to make one for Drew too, and hopefully give it to him for his first birthday which is coming up at the end of April!  Once I complete his, I will put a tutorial up on the blog, so if you need an idea for a baby gift, stay tuned!
  4. Drew and I make our fair share of trips to Target.  It’s the place where I get most of the stuff I need for Drew, from clothes to diapers to food to toys.  Anyway, this week on one of our trips, I used a shopping cart cover that I got at my baby shower.  I’m not really a germaphobe, but my husband is, so I thought he would appreciate that I used it.  I also saw on the package that it can be used as a high chair cover, which actually excites me more.  If you have kids and have ever used the high chairs that the restaurants provide, you will know what I’m talking about.  They are, for the most part, absolutely disgusting.  There’s dried food all over them and half the time the buckles don’t work either.  It will be nice to use it for that purpose.  I’ve always been grossed out by restaurant high chairs and I hadn’t even thought of using the shopping cart cover for that purpose!  We used it last night at Ale Works, and it worked like a champ!


  5.  It's my sister's birthday on Sunday.  I'm bummed I won't be able to be there for the celebration, but she's visiting next weekend, so I'll at least get to see her then and we can celebrate.  Happy Birthday Sis!  Love you so, so much! 





Well, there you have it.  It's been another great week, and I'm looking forward to the weekend.  Hope you all have a great Friday and an even better weekend!




1 comment:

  1. Thanks sister!! :) I love you lots and can't wait to re-celebrate next weekend with you! Have a great time this weekend and see you SOON!!

    ReplyDelete