Monday, March 3, 2014

Easy Cookies and Some Snow!

Well, we finally got some of the snow they were calling for Friday night and Saturday this weekend.  In fact, we got so much snow that we got stuck in our driveway Friday night.  We went out for date night and had dinner downtown at Copper Whiskey Bar, and by the time we got home, the drifts in our driveway were deep.  Doug made a run for it, but the Acadia got stuck and he had to spend about an hour digging the car out.  It was good that we were in our driveway, so Drew and I could go inside.  Way better than being stuck in the middle of nowhere.  Hindsight 20/20, we probably should have stayed in, but what can I say, it was an adventure!


Anyway, Saturday Doug went to work, so Drew and I were home alone.  It snowed all day, which put me in the baking mood.  We were having friends over for dinner that night, so I wanted to make a dessert, and I thought I'd make my favorite brownies, which I shared the recipe for here.  Unfortunately, I didn't have all the necessary ingredients, so I decided I'd try to make cookies out of the German chocolate cake mix I had.  Now I'm not usually a fan of cake mix cookies.  I don't think they taste as good, and I kind of think it's the easy way out, but I thought I'd give it a go anyway.

Here's what I used:

1 German chocolate cake mix
2 eggs
1/2 c. oil
1 c. white chocolate chips
1 c. chopped candy bars

Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, blend well, and drop onto ungreased cookie sheets.  Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.

These actually turned out really good. I have to say it was one of the better cake mix cookies I've ever made.  And it was great to just use what I had in my pantry. I had the white chocolate chips leftover from another baking project and we had a few leftover fun size candy bars from an advent calendar I had at Christmas time.  So not only were the cookies good, but I got to use up some ingredients taking up space in my pantry.  If you're looking for easy, these cookies are just for you!!  Tasty with minimal effort!





2 comments:

  1. Those cookies are delicious!! I just had 3 for dessert after lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool! I love that you can improvise, i'm too much of a chicken!! They look delicious!

    ReplyDelete