Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Crockpot Chicken Tacos

Yesterday my sister asked me for an easy crockpot recipe that she could whip up when her in-laws are visiting later in the week.  Now, I had to remind her that my crockpot recipes are certainly not gourmet, but she assured me that she just wanted easy.  I gave her my go-to crockpot recipe that we eat at least once every two weeks.  And it made me realize that I haven't shared it on the blog yet.  It's simple, delicious, and can be mixed up in so many different ways, which makes it one of our family's favorites!

Crockpot Chicken Tacos

4 frozen chicken breasts
1 jar salsa (I use the 16 oz Pace Picante Sauce)
1 can corn, drained
1 can black beans, drained



Place the chicken in the crockpot.  Pour in the salsa, black beans, and corn.  Cook on low for 8 hours.
Use a fork to shred the chicken.

It's that simple!  Then you have a delicious chicken mixture that can be used for just about anything.  We usually have tacos the first night with soft shells, lettuce, cheese, guacamole, and black olives.  We've also used it on nachos, in quesadillas, and I have a recipe to make it into an enchilada casserole.  All are delicious, and talk about an easy dinner!  It's definitely my go-to crockpot recipe that is always a winner!  Hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Drizzle a little Sriracha on top, get a cold microbrew or margarita to enjoy, and it's probably my favorite go-to meal!

    ReplyDelete