Friday, April 11, 2014

High Five for Friday!

Today is one great Friday!  The final full week of tax season is OVER.  Yay!!  Doug has two days next week, and then on Wednesday we are off to Hawaii!  I can't wait.

It's been a good week, although it went by so quickly I feel like I didn't get much done.  I've been finishing up Drew's first birthday present in between the other weekly errands and chores, so that's kept me busy.  We have Drew's first birthday party three days after we get back from vacation, so I'm trying to get as organized as I can before we leave.  It's easier said than done, let me tell you!  There's so much to do and suddenly so little time.  It's okay though, it will all come together in the end.

Here's a roundup of the highlights of the week:
  1. I guess today being the final day of the last full week of tax season has to make a highlight.  This has been one LONG tax season and I'm so ready to have my husband and partner back.  I can't wait to spend more time with both him and Drew doing the family stuff we love.  It will be so nice to be on a more reasonable work/life schedule, and I'm thrilled that it's finally here.
  2. Yesterday was National Siblings Day, and I have to say, I have the best siblings ever.  My two sisters are my very best friends and I love them so, so much.  We've always been close, and it seems as we get older, the bond just keeps growing.  I don't know what I would do without them.  They make me one lucky, happy girl! Love you guys!



  3. It's been rather warm this week, which means that some of the snow around here is finally starting to melt.  Our yard still has quite a bit, but you can finally see some grassy parts, so that's progress.  I'm ready for spring to be here so that Drew and I can enjoy our days outside.  We're getting there and this week's warm temperatures helped!
  4. Last night we had dinner at Doug's brother's house for his birthday.  Our sister-in-law made delicious fish tacos and pie!  The kiddos got to play and it was fun watching Drew interact with the big kids.  He's more of a toddler than a baby now, so he's able to play a little and interact more.  Here's a cute picture of him walking with his uncles.
  5. I tried the craze of "overnight oats" last night, and let me tell you, I quite like them.  It was easy to whip up and took no time this morning to grab a quick bite.  I'm excited to mix up the recipe a bit since it seems you can put whatever your heart desires in them.  Yum!
Well, folks, hope you have a great weekend!  We might even get to spend both days with Doug, wouldn't that be great?!  Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. I love today's post! Today is definitely a GREAT Friday! I'm glad the oats turned out - i'll have to try them soon!! Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy your time with Doug! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your son is so adorable! :) Looks like you had a great week! Hope your weekend is just as awesome.

    Kayla
    http://wondermadefully.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete