Monday, April 7, 2014

One More Week

Well, March Madness finally comes to an end tonight as Kentucky and Connecticut play for the championship.  Who would have guessed that a seven seed and an eight seed would be duking it out in the finals?  I guess that's what makes it March Madness!  I'll be cheering for Connecticut tonight.  They beat out my pick to win it all (Michigan State), and I've been impressed every time I've watched them play.  Plus I have this sweet shirt that my mom got me a couple years ago while she was visiting a relative in Connecticut for a wedding, so I'm practically a legitimate fan! ;)  Go Huskies!!


Despite the crazy outcome in the bracket this year, I did pretty well in my pools again.  I ended up winning both Doug's family pool and my family pool, so that's pretty exciting!  I have some money and a nice dinner out waiting for me!

Aside from watching the basketball games on Saturday, we had a very productive and fun weekend.  We ran a bunch of errands on Sunday and cleaned out both of our fridges and freezers, and our pantry.  It feels so good to be organized again and have some room in our fridges, freezers, and pantry.  It was a much needed chore, and I'm glad we got it knocked out this weekend.  Plus, since I had some old marshmallows and Lucky Charms, I whipped up a batch of krispie treats.  Yumm!


Doug also bought a new mount for his GoPro this weekend so that he can use it while stand up paddle boarding in Hawaii next week.  It's a head mount, and looks pretty crazy!  Drew thought it was hilarious, until we put it on his head!!  Hopefully it works well and Doug can get some good footage in the ocean next week.  I'll be happy to watch it, but I'm not sure how excited I am to be the girl with the guy with the crazy head thing on the beach!!  Haha, just kidding honey, it's cute!





Last night we also hooked up our new blue ray player, so we rented White House Down.  It was a pretty good, entertaining movie!  It was nice to get a little relaxation in too after our busy day.

Well, today starts the final full week of tax season.  I couldn't be more happy about that!  I'm so ready for the 15th.  Happy last week of tax season friends!!


1 comment:

  1. Wow!! You did have a productive weekend!! Good job! I know what you mean about cleaning out your fridge/freezer! I was happy when the power was out in October while we were gone and I had to throw alot of our freezer stuff!!!! It's slowly filling up again though. Congrats on the March Madness wins. It is baffling how many times you actually win these. Can't wait till next Monday!! Wahoo!

    ReplyDelete